Diaspora Info

Information Everywhere

Turkish Evacuation Aircraft was Attacked in Sudan

Turkey Sudan Khartoum Wadi Saeedna airport

Injuring the fuel supply, Sudan’s paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) fired at a Turkish extraction plane on Friday as it landed at Wadi Saeedna airport in the country’s capital, Khartoum.

Since April 15, there have been at least 512 fatalities and close to 4,200 injuries due to conflict, and the humanitarian situation has exploded.

After the paramilitary forces opened fire, the aircraft was able to land safely.

The Sudanese army said it has being fixed, though.

According to Daily Mail, the Turkish defense ministry denied any injuries while stating that the plane had been fired upon, contrary to earlier reports that said one of the crew had been hurt.

“Our C-130 evacuation plane was hit by light weaponry… Our aircraft safely landed. Although none of our crew members were hurt, necessary repairs were being made to our aircraft,” according to a statement from the Turkish defense ministry.

‘Our forces have remained fully faithful to the humanitarian armistice that we reached an agreement on since midnight, and it is not true that we shot any aircraft in the sky of Wadi Seyidna in Omdurman,’ the RSF claimed, adding that the army was spreading lies’.

Numerous thousands of frantic residents are rushing to catch the final evacuation aircraft leaving the capital before the tenuous 72-hour ceasefire expires.

However, with frequent explosions and gunfire shaking parts of the capital and eviction planes now coming under fire, the situation for those remaining stranded in Sudan has grown even more dire.

There is no sign that evacuation planes would be halted because of the resurgent threat of violence at the runway.

Concerns have been raised about the safety of individuals who are still stranded in the war-torn nation. Khartoum, the scene of the most of the violence, was shaken by air strikes, tanks, and artillery on Friday, while the neighboring city of Bahri was heavily bombarded, underscoring how grave the situation has become.

Heavy gunfire and explosions shook residential areas of the capital region, where combat has been concentrated for the past week, due to ongoing ceasefire violations.

“This morning’s scenario is really alarming. We can hear explosions and aircraft noise. Mahasin al-Awad, a native of Bahri who is 65 years old, said, “We don’t know when this hell will end.”

Hours after both parties agreed to extend the cease-fire for an additional 72 hours, the fighting between the warring factions erupted.

Since April 15, there have been at least 512 fatalities and close to 4,200 injuries due to fighting, and a humanitarian crisis has exploded.

Leave a Reply

Instagram did not return a 200.
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial