On Wednesday morning, officials reported that the death toll from devastating earthquakes in Turkey and Syria had topped 11,200.
This occurs when search and rescue teams race to locate survivors among the thousands of destroyed buildings.
The actual search was hazardous due to the aftershocks, which included a magnitude 5.7 earthquake on Tuesday.
According to AFP, resentment is rising over Turkey’s earthquake reaction, with one person reportedly claiming, “I have no more tears left to cry.”
The study claims that in certain regions, rescue services did not arrive within the crucial first 12 hours following the accident, forcing family to clear the rubble by hand, according to witnesses.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who had requested assistance, had said on Tuesday that he was announcing a state of emergency for three months across 10 provinces in the earthquake zone, according to Turkish media.
Fuat Oktay, vice president of the nation, told reporters that 8,000 people had been extricated from the wreckage. He claimed that 20,000 individuals were helping with the rescue operations.
In both countries, tens of thousands of people suffered injuries, and countless numbers were left without a place to live during the bitter winter.
Meanwhile, according to the disaster management experts of the nation, approximately 6,000 buildings were damaged in the catastrophe.
The Pazarcik area in Kahramanmaras Province was the epicenter of a 7.7 magnitude earthquake that occurred on Monday shortly after 4 a.m. local time.
Two earthquakes with a magnitude of 6.4 and 6.5 were then registered in the province of Gaziantep.